- Jack looks at his scar and thinks about his appendectomy like he's trying to remember exactly what happened (and maybe having some recollection of the island).
- Jack had his appendectomy when he was seven or eight. I think when he dropped the bomb in 1977, it changed things from the original timeline. So before 1977 everything was the same and after, things were different.
- Jin passes out and then wakes up in Claire's shelter. Man in Locke must have carried him there.
- Jack doesn't seem to be an alcoholic in the flash-sideways. He does drink on the plane, but he was extra nervous and as far as we know only had one drink (with extra vodka). He refuses a drink from his mother and seems calm and in control even in a stressful situation.
- In the mirror, Jack sees the Paik residence (where Jacob met and touched Sun and Jin), the church where Jacob met and touched Sawyer, and the house where Jack lived when he was a kid. But when Jacob had touched Jack, it was at the hospital. I think this means that either Jacob touched Jack when Jack was a kid at his house, or that Jack is not candidate number 23. Perhaps his mother was supposed to be on the flight instead, or it could have been Christian. Though it seems if it were Christian, the name would be crossed out.
- I think the "someone bad" that must be going to the Temple is Man in Locke and he needs Claire to get Jin to get him inside. There's going to be a huge fight and many will die. Jack, Hurley, Kate, and Sawyer are safe because they are not there. Maybe Sun, Ilana, Frank, and Ben won't be there yet either.
Observations from Lighthouse
- Jack looks at his reflection in the water by the Temple and in the mirror in the flash-sideways, which mirrors when he later looks into the mirrors at the lighthouse.
- The people at the Temple are afraid of Sayid.
- There is MacCutcheon whiskey on the bar in Christian's office. This expensive whiskey keeps showing up.
- It's very odd that they've never seen that big lighthouse out on the beach before. I think Hurley is right when he says that the reason they'd never seen it is because they weren't looking for it before. The island may have provided it (the magic box).
- The sign at the conservatory said "Welcome Candidates", which was a nice tie to the candidates on the island.
- Dogen off the island just seems like a regular dad, not a "samurai" like on the island.