The Bottom Line
- A game based on 'Lost' - 'nough said.
- At times there are not enough plastic holders for all the characters on the board.
- Awkward to move around playing area.
- Location tiles such as Fuselage, Tall Trees, and Cemetery, make up the playing area.
- Character cards include seasons one and two main characters with a photograph.
- Fate cards have to do with the characters or challenges they've faced on the island.
- Goal (beginners game): To lead or neutralize all of the other characters on the island.
Guide Review - 'Lost': The Board Game
Luckily, on the official Lost: The Board Game Web site, there are many features to help with the game, including downloads and a beginner's walk through. There are FAQs and rules and places to ask questions. There is even a message board.
The game comes in a really nice tin with a picture of the characters on it. I found the pieces of the game to be a bit cumbersome. You are supposed to move one or more characters to a hexagon shaped playing piece, and if it's not turned over, pick up all the characters and turn it over. Instead, we would turn over the piece, and then move our characters, but even this was difficult sometimes with middle pieces.
Also, I think the more people who play (for 2 to 8 players), the more fun it will be. Two players just didn't feel like enough and made it harder to strategize. I think playing in a group of eight would be a blast!