Name: Hugo Reyes
Reason for the Flight: Hoping to get home in time to celebrate his mother's birthday after researching "the numbers"
Profession: Multimillion dollar lottery winner. Before that, he worked at Mr. Clucks chicken restaurant.
Hugo "Hurley" Reyes Facts:
Pre-Crash: Hurley's dad left when Hurley was a boy. This is when his addiction to food began.
As an adult, Hurley was in a mental hospital after walking out onto a deck, which then collapsed, killing 4 people. He blamed his weight.
After getting rid of his imaginary friend Dave, Hurley was released from the hospital and moved back in with his mother. Shortly after, he won the lottery, using numbers one of the other mental hospital patients repeated over and over. Ever since winning, bad things happen to people around Hurley.
He bought Mr. Clucks, but a reporter, Tricia Tanaka, was killed when a meteor hit the restaurant while she was doing a piece on Hurley. His dad returned, but Hurley was suspicious that his father just wanted Hurley's money, so he didn't listen to his father when his father said that Hurley wasn't cursed.
Hurley went to Australia to find Sam Toomey to find out more about the numbers he'd used to win the lottery.
Hurley is captured by the Others with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer, but set free and told to tell the rest the group to not come looking for them.
Hurley finds a Dharma bus on the island and feels he is no longer cursed as he gets the bus running.
In the war against the Others, Hurley saves Jin, Bernard, and Sayid when he drives the Dharma bus onto the beach and runs over one of the Others.
When Jack and Locke part ways, Hurley goes with Locke's group.
Hurley sees Jacob's cabin and Locke uses Hurley to find the cabin again.
When the helicopter leaves the island, Hurley is on it and also makes it to the raft and off the island.
Post-Island: Hurley's parents throw him a surprise birthday party and his father gives him the Camaro they'd worked on together when Hurley was young. Hurley sees the that the numbers are on the odometer and runs away screaming.
Hurley believes that he is seeing things that aren't really there and is relieved to be put back into Santa Rosa Mental Hospital. At the hospital, he sees Charlie, who tells him that "they need him".
Return to Island: Hurley takes a leadership role and leads Jack, Sun, and Frank to Man in Locke's camp. Jack takes over as protector of the island, but asks Hurley to take over while Jack goes into the light cave. Hurley reluctantly takes over and then keeps the job when Jack dies.
Continued Story - Season 6 DVD/Blu-ray Bonus - The New Man in Charge: Hurley sends Ben to close down the Dharma stations off the island. Ben gets Walt from the mental institution and Hurley tells Walt that he has a job for him and they go back to the island.
Strong Relationships: Libby was probably the strongest, but everyone seems to like Hurley. He and Charlie had a fight that lasted a few days, but they were really good friends up until Charlie's death.
Rocky Relationships: Hurley is not a big Michael fan ever since Michael shot and killed Hurley's girlfriend, Libby.
- Episode 1x18, Numbers
- Episode 1x24, Exodus Part 2
- Episode 2x4, Everybody Hates Hugo
- Episode 2x18, Dave
- Episode 3x10, Tricia Tanaka is Dead
Sawyer's Nicknames for Hurley: Hurley's Nicknames
- Jin: When Jin went to deliver Mr. Paik's message, the girl on the couch was watching Hurley on TV. (Ep: 1x17, In Translation)
- Sawyer: Sawyer was in bed with Mary Jo, who is also the woman who read Hurley's winning lotto numbers on television. (Ep: 1x16, Outlaws) (Ep: 1x18, Numbers)
- Locke: Randy was Hurley's boss at the chicken restaurant and Locke's boss at the box company. After winning the lotto, Hurley invested in the box company where Locke worked. (Ep: 1x18, Numbers)
- The priest who took Charlie's confession (Ep: 1x7, The Moth) later sold his scooter to Hurley in the airport just before Flight 815 departed. (Ep: 1x24, Exodus Part 2)
- Charlie was in the crowded elevator at the Australian hotel when Hurley was late to catch his flight.
- Hurley and his friend found a DriveShaft CD in the sale bin at a record store and tried to sing the lyrics to "You All Everybody", but couldn't remember the words. (Ep: 2x4, Everybody Hates Hugo)
- Jack: Hurley's lottery official (Ep: 1x18, Numbers and Ep: 2x4, Everybody Hates Hugo) is the anesthesiologist in one of Jack's surgeries (Ep: 1x11, All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues).
- Libby: Libby was in the Santa Rosa Mental Hospital at the same time as Hurley. (Ep: 2x18, Dave)
- Ana-Lucia: When he returns from the island, Hurley is interregated by Ana-Lucia's old partner, Big Mike. (Ep: 4x1, The Beginning of the End)