Pre-Airing - Because You LeftOriginal Airdate: 1/21/09
Written by: Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by: Stephen Williams
Season 5 Episode Guide
The story continues.
Who You Should Know Before You Watch Because You Left
A few surprises, but only one person who you may not remember.
Because You Left Photo Gallery
Photos of Sayid, Hurley, Jack, and Ben.
Post-Airing - Because You LeftHighlights
Because You Left Full Recap
Funeral parlor, they'll die, Locke, Daniel, Sawyer and Juliet, Kate's blood samples, time jumping, the Nigerian plane, past or future, Sun and Widmore, change of plans, safe house, the hatch, Richard finds Locke, restored hatch, Desmond's memory
Because You Left Audio Recap
Listen from the site or download to your computer or mp3 player.
Understanding Because You Left
Secondary Characters Introduced
Dan Norton - The lawyer
Because You Left Quotable QuotesLook for these quotes in Because You Left Full Recap to see where and when they happened.
- Pierre Chang: "This station is being built here because of its proximity to what we believe to be almost limitless energy. And that energy, once we can harness it correctly, it's going to allow us to manipulate time."
- Ben: "It happened because you left, Jack."
- Daniel: "We must have been inside the radius."
- Daniel: "Your camp isn't gone. It hasn't been built yet."
- Sawyer: "I told you, we were running out of gas. I wanted to make sure she - I wanted to make sure they got back to the boat. Don't matter now anyway, does it?"
- Daniel: "You really do not have time for me to try to explain! You have no idea how difficult that would be for me to explain this, this phenomenon to a quantum physicist, that would be difficult. So for me to try to explain whatever's happening-"
- Daniel: "The island...think of the island like a record spinning on a turntable. Only now, that record is skipping. Whatever Ben Linus did down at the Orchid Station, I think it might have dislodged us."
- Daniel: "We're either in the past or in the future."
- Hurley: "I need a cool code name."
- Richard: "You're going to have to die, John."