Terry O'Quinn's 'Lost' Role:
John Locke, the mysterious prophet-type on the island and Man in Locke, the man who looks like Locke, but is actually the smoke monster.
Terry O'Quinn was a bodyguard.
He graduated from the University of Iowa in Iowa City.
He and his wife have two grown sons.
- His birth name is Terrance Quinn.
- He elongated his last name to "O'Quinn" from his real name of "Quinn" to distinguish himself from another person named Terry Quinn already acting in films.
- He is a talented guitarist and singer.
- Kevin Tighe and Swoosie Kurtz play his parents on Lost, but in real life, both are only eight years older than O'Quinn.
- He didn't audition for his part. J.J. Abrams had him in mind from the beginning.
What ABC.com says:
Terry O'Quinn's impressive gallery of film and television characters includes many diverse roles. He rose to prominence as the outwardly gentle but actually maniacal master of the house in Joseph Ruben's chilling The Stepfather. Though he went on to play leads in other films like Prisoners of the Sun and The Forgotten One, his weight was more effectively felt in supporting roles, for example as Howard Hughes in Disney's The Rocketeer.
Terry O'Quinn's Other Roles:
- Masters of Science Fiction: Albert Skynner (1 episode, 2007)
- The West Wing: (2004/TV Episodes) General Nicholas Alexander
- The Animated Alias: (2004/V) Voice of F.B.I. Asst. Director Kendall
- Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: (2004/TV Episode) Col. Will Ryan
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent: (2004/TV Episode) Gordon Buchanan
- Alias: (2002-2004/TV Episodes)
- Phenomenon II: (2003/TV)
- Old School: (2003) Goldberg
- JAG: (1995/2000) Captain/Admiral Thomas
- The Locket: (2002/TV) Casey Keddington
- Hometown Legend: (2002) Buster Schuler
- The X Files: (2002/TV Episode) Shadow Man, (1995/TV Episode Lt. Brian Tillman)
- Roswell: (2001/TV Episode) Carl
- American Outlaws: (2001) Rollin H. Parker, Rain's Gopher
- WW3: (2001/TV)
- Semper Fi: (2001/TV) Cliff's father
- Rated X: (2000/TV) J.R. Mitchell
Last updated November 2010